An acoustic pad is resilient laminated fabric pad composed of layers of twisted/interwoven lightweight duck. Each layer is impregnated with an elastomeric compound. It is exceptionally suited for reducing impact shock, vibration and noise from the supporting structure.
In a typical assembly, the acoustic pad sits on a lower steel plate which is fastened using stud bolts, nuts and washers.
The acoustic pad has the following properties:
- Meets or exceeds MIL-C-882 and MIL-E-5272 specifications
- Accommodates compressive loads between 10,000 psi (69 MPa) and 20,000 psi (138 MPa)
- Creep is limited to only 5% of the original pad thickness
- Has a relatively high damping rate of 14% of critical
- Impermeable to most oils and the effects of steam, water, mildew and brine
- Service temperature ranges exist between -65c and +250c.